Letter issued from the High Commission to facilitate marriage registration in Maldives.
The High Commission issues letter to Maldivians who gets married in Sri Lanka and wishes to register their marriage in the Maldives. The High Commission will need the following documents :
- Khidhumathah Edhey Form (filled by bride OR groom)
- Marriage Certificate issued by a marriage registrar who conducts the Muslim marriage according to Islamic Shariah (Registrars should be registered in the High Commission) List of recommended Marriage Registrars
- Passport and ID copies of the bride and groom
- Original Wali letter with finger print and signature. The letter should be addressed to the person who conducts the marriage. The letter should be in English.
- The ID card copy of the person who gave wali.