Business visa is the permit issued to a foreign national to stay in Maldives for the purpose of business or work, approved by the concerned Government authority. This visa is issued for a specific period of time, and it does not allow the foreigner to work as an employee in the Maldives.
The foreigner shall not board to flight to travel to Maldives before the visa is approved, as the entry to Maldives will not be granted before the visa approval.
Applying for Business Visa
To obtain the Business Visa, application has to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the sponsor. Emailed applications should be named with the name and passport number of the foreigner and all the related documents should be attached separately to the email.
When the Business Visa is approved and informed via email, the original form set of the application should be submitted to the Immigration Office at Velana International Airport and pay the visa fee of MVR750, at least prior to an hour of the arrival of the foreigner. Foreigners subjected to arrive from Gan International Airport could pay to the Immigration Office at Gan International Airport.
The following documents has to be emailed (in the mentioned file format) to Immigration.
- Business Visa application form (form IM24) (PDF format)
- A machine readable (MRZ) Passport Bio-data page color copy of the applicant (At least 6 months validity) (PDF format)
- Registration copy of the applicant (PDF format)
- Passport size photo (JPEG format)
- Supporting Documents such as Qualification certificates or letter of experience (PDF format)
- Copy of Expatriate Medical Insurance Policy Schedule (PDF format)
- A letter from sponsor, stating the foreigner’s period of stay in Maldives (PDF format)
- Visa Applicant Information Form (IM30), if applicable (PDF format)
Applicant should be registered under the “Expatriate Medical Insurance” issued from Allied Insurance Company.